CAFP really cares about their student members. I have been given so many opportunities to network, be mentored, get involved with the community, ...Read more
Connect With Us at CAFP
Join now & grow with us! Together we will be on the cutting-edge of the "hospitality" industry.
We provide a unique opportunity for food and hospitality services professionals from coast to coast to meet and develop business contacts and resources; gain insight and ideas from the expertise of our members; and develop solutions to common challenges faced within the food service industry.
Our membership is composed of a diverse group of senior and middle management from all segments of the food service industry - operations, manufacturers, distributors, education, consulting and purchasing. Each membership is individual thereby allowing members to easily transfer from branch to branch, if necessary. Unlike many other associations, being a member of CAFP demands minimal time and offers optimal fun!
Current membership consists of 530 members at the Professional Branch level and 520 at the Student Branch level.
Top 10 Reasons to Become a Member...
- Industry Contacts...Branch CAFP meetings and events provide an opportunity to network with other members of the industry including buyers, operators, distributors and suppliers.
- We strongly support young people pursuing careers in the food and hospitality services industry through sponsorship of “Student Branches” at colleges and universities offering courses in food service and hospitality management.
- Bursaries and scholarships are awarded to assist the deserving young “managers-of-tomorrow” follow their goals in culinary, supervisory, hospitality, managerial, or dietetic programs.
- Annual CAFP Conference... an exciting three-day event held in May provides members with a wide range of educational programs and networking opportunities.
- CAFP publications - Branch Newsletters and the CAFP National News (a national newspaper as seen on this website) - offer a range of informational articles, letters to the editor, member profiles, and more!
- Industry recognition awards for outstanding service in the food service industry - Food Service Executive of the Year; CAFP Branch of the Year; Overall Branch Education Effort; Youth Activities; Branch Newsletter Awards; President’s Award.
- Career Prospects... a great way to identify new opportunities in the industry.
- The Credentialed Food Executive Program provides the opportunity to obtain a CFE designation recognized by the Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council in acknowledgement of members of the association who have acquired both industry experience and educational exposure.
- Industry recognition evenings are held annually in Toronto and Vancouver to recognize leaders in the industry.
- CAFP Branch Membership Lists... a complete list of members and program information. Just pick up the phone and call a member for advice or assistance.