CAFP really cares about their student members. I have been given so many opportunities to network, be mentored, get involved with the community, ...Read more
It's been a great school year for the MSVU branch and are looking forward to the 2015/2016 year. Here is a little update as to what we have been up to this past month and throughout the summer!
- We released a June newsletter ]reviewing our fun at conference! We had four student members attend: Alison Chappell (education chair), Rachel Scoville (Fundraising Chair), Laura Pugsley (Outgoing president), and Jean Baker (Incoming President).
- Congratulations to Rachel for being an Aramark Gold Plate recipient and to Laura Pugsley for receiving the Don MacPhie bursary.
- The MSVU branch placed second nationally for the CAFP Sock Drive raising 2100 pairs of socks. This is amazing seeing as it was our first year participating!
- Over the summer we will be posting a weekly highlight on student members to get an insight into members interests and their different workplace, volunteer and personal experiences pertaining to the nutrition/foodservice industry. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay in the know! Kirstie Clynick, working at the Petes Gluten Free Bakery was highlighted last week and Stephanie Keddy will be highlighted this week in her first integrated internship placement.
- We may be interested in continuing highlighted members with professional members throughout the year to allow increased interaction between the student and professional branch and explore the many options available in the nutrition field.
- Please let us know if you would like to be added to the highlighted members/newsletter email list to keep learn more about our student members and if you are interested in being a highlighted professional member for the fall!